Regardless of the industry, winning teams are glued together by values. You can hire the best talent, throw gobs of money at them, and provide all sorts of freedoms. Yet, without a core set of values that act like super glue the chances of any team holding together very long and succeeding is slim to none. What seems […]
Human conduct can infinitely improve if we are conscious of our words and corresponding deeds. There are few places where this places out more than daily human interaction and the civility in play. Unfortunately, at a local convenience store a few blocks from home I witnessed human conduct at its worst. Having pumped gas at one of the […]
We all have to take stock and measure conduct in our personal and business lives. That means being responsible and accountable every day. I have many heroes from yesterday and present that command serious attention in my life. One of my favorites is Saint Joan of Arc. She elaborated on this subject in a clear and thoughtful […]
There are many ways to build ethical cultures and they deserve to identified and discussed. Due to the sheer magnitude and scope of what constitutes an ethical culture and the processes/initiatives/training that need to be fully in play, I thought we could start outlining some important areas that are relevant for all of us. Consider the following: 1) Have […]
I have a simple theory that is tested and personally experienced: you cannot have business ethics without personal ethics in place. While sounding logical and simple, the challenges facing Ethics and Compliance leaders are nothing but that. In fact, creating values based cultures that are honest, accountable, and responsible is akin to learning how to pole vault. The barriers are high […]
Every whistle blowing program I have seen has cracks, fissures, and ethical crevices. When I started my business career thirty seven years ago, whistle blowing programs simply did not exist. If you had first hand witnessed conduct that was not ethical or rose to an illegal act, the normal course was talk to your boss and or contact a […]
Can ethical values provide organizations with true differentiation? It is tougher and tougher by industry to determine true differentiation of products and support services. In the brick and mortar retail sector what real differentiation is there? In the banking sector what real differentiation is there? In the transportation industry what real differentiation is there? In […]
How many shortcuts have you taken personally or in your business lives that proved to be beneficial? I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota; land of road construction where many projects are in full bloom from early April to the end of October. On the way to a meeting last week, three lanes were condensed down to […]
There are many companies who claim to be profitable and ethical, but a closer examination would prove otherwise. I am a fan and proponent of any holding company or privately held concern who is totally committed to building winning based teams who live their values, are ethical, and share their profits. Why? The collective rewards […]
It’s not hard to locate an ethical tsunami in the United States. Most have not made the news yet; but the amazing drama continues at Theranos. You may have read in the past several years about this California based company: one that rose to startup stardom after promising accurate blood test results with just a […]
- Definition of Ethics-Need for Personal Ethics December 20, 2011
- Business Ethics And Bribes-Alive And Well August 15, 2011
- What Are the Differences Between Compliance and Ethics? September 4, 2012
- The Value of Ethical Training in Companies September 8, 2011
- Ethics and Governing Dynamics February 8, 2017
- The State of the State Message: America’s Ethical Report Card February 24, 2014
- Organizations & Their Ethical Reporting Systems May 21, 2013
- Gluing Teams Together With Values October 30, 2017
- Words Matter; Deeds Rule October 14, 2017
- Measuring Conduct in Our Personal and Business Lives September 18, 2017
- Ways To Building Ethical Cultures August 13, 2017
- The Toughest Challenges for Ethics and Compliance Managers July 20, 2017
- Ethical Crevices In Whistle Blowing June 28, 2017
- Differentiation Via Ethical Values June 12, 2017
- admin: Thank you for reading the blog and you are spot on...
- Hosting: Based upon the reliability and support structure o...
- admin: Thank you for reading my post. Best, Mark...
- admin: Thank you for support!...
- admin: Thank you for your kind comment and support...
- lords mobile tips for beginners: Hey! This post couldn't be written any better! Re...
- lords mobile cheats code: I have read so many content regarding the blogger ...