How can we determine what the right and ethical thing to do is without a moral code to guide us? The answer is we can’t and shortcuts inevitably will lead to ethical lapses. There are many organizations and companies that deem it important to put on their websites and in other written communications what their […]
I am no expert on FCPA matters although was a former Managing Director for the Americas of an international UK based computer networking company. With operations in twelve countries, I recall many online and offline discussions involving ethics and best practices, some that took place in board meetings about how to do business the right way. […]
How do we achieve a balanced life without the right personal ethics? The answer is we cannot as our morals, values, and principles provide the foundation of who we are and how we act. For some continuing reason in corporate America, many business executives believe they are entitled to certain rights, privileges, and benefits that […]
Last week my oldest son and I travelled to Minnesota State University located 75 miles southwest of Minneapolis to discuss with undergraduate students my story of corporate wrongdoing and why personal ethics is invaluable. One of the most important themes I stressed is the following: write a short purpose statement about yourself that includes […]
Is there a danger in justifying shortcuts and then rationalizing them in our personal ethics? The answer is absolutely and I have personally done this many times in my life. The smallest shortcuts that we rationalize or justify are likely to repeat themselves. This is not only a dangerous, but can morph into ignoring our personal […]
How much religion should there be in the workplace and can this develop and increase personal ethics? The answer to this question is not an easy one and certainly has at least two parts to it. Perhaps the first answer is simply this. Every individual’s religious views and beliefs in the workplace should be respected, […]
Collegiate athletics on a good day is a macrocosm of hypocrisy and lack of personal ethics. We’ve all heard college and university presidents say that education should come first, but in a competitive environment of trying to find student athletes, the culture has shifted to being one all about the money. Is this the type […]
I’m not here to argue whether this country is democratic or a republic, but we have every right to question our leaders about their personal ethics. While most leaders spend time convincing themselves that they want input, feedback, and assistance from their subordinates the fact is they intentionally hoard power, treat ethics as a bunch […]
An ex-professional hockey player and construction worker with a high sense of personal ethics returns to his hometown in suburban St. Paul, Minnesota after the Exxon Valdez oil spill in 1989. He lives quietly in his township with his family of nine brothers and sisters and two daughters where he worked various jobs in the […]
What does it take to change the essence of who we are as human beings? Is personal ethics the key to this question? I have said many times before that business ethics is a myth without personal ethics transcending it. The content of our personal ethics certainly at a minimum needs to be our morals, principles, […]
- Definition of Ethics-Need for Personal Ethics December 20, 2011
- Business Ethics And Bribes-Alive And Well August 15, 2011
- What Are the Differences Between Compliance and Ethics? September 4, 2012
- The Value of Ethical Training in Companies September 8, 2011
- The State of the State Message: America’s Ethical Report Card February 24, 2014
- Ethics and Governing Dynamics February 8, 2017
- Organizations & Their Ethical Reporting Systems May 21, 2013
- The Essence of Now January 4, 2018
- The Ethics of a Mint December 20, 2017
- Lowering Our Expectations November 29, 2017
- Gluing Teams Together With Values October 30, 2017
- Words Matter; Deeds Rule October 14, 2017
- Measuring Conduct in Our Personal and Business Lives September 18, 2017
- Ways To Building Ethical Cultures August 13, 2017
- admin: Thank you for reading the blog and you are spot on...
- Hosting: Based upon the reliability and support structure o...
- admin: Thank you for reading my post. Best, Mark...
- admin: Thank you for support!...
- admin: Thank you for your kind comment and support...
- lords mobile tips for beginners: Hey! This post couldn't be written any better! Re...
- lords mobile cheats code: I have read so many content regarding the blogger ...