Last week my oldest son and I travelled to Minnesota State University located 75 miles southwest of Minneapolis to discuss with undergraduate students my story of corporate wrongdoing and why personal ethics is invaluable. One of the most important themes I stressed is the following: write a short purpose statement about yourself that includes […]
Is there a danger in justifying shortcuts and then rationalizing them in our personal ethics? The answer is absolutely and I have personally done this many times in my life. The smallest shortcuts that we rationalize or justify are likely to repeat themselves. This is not only a dangerous, but can morph into ignoring our personal […]
How much religion should there be in the workplace and can this develop and increase personal ethics? The answer to this question is not an easy one and certainly has at least two parts to it. Perhaps the first answer is simply this. Every individual’s religious views and beliefs in the workplace should be respected, […]
Collegiate athletics on a good day is a macrocosm of hypocrisy and lack of personal ethics. We’ve all heard college and university presidents say that education should come first, but in a competitive environment of trying to find student athletes, the culture has shifted to being one all about the money. Is this the type […]
I’m not here to argue whether this country is democratic or a republic, but we have every right to question our leaders about their personal ethics. While most leaders spend time convincing themselves that they want input, feedback, and assistance from their subordinates the fact is they intentionally hoard power, treat ethics as a bunch […]
An ex-professional hockey player and construction worker with a high sense of personal ethics returns to his hometown in suburban St. Paul, Minnesota after the Exxon Valdez oil spill in 1989. He lives quietly in his township with his family of nine brothers and sisters and two daughters where he worked various jobs in the […]
What does it take to change the essence of who we are as human beings? Is personal ethics the key to this question? I have said many times before that business ethics is a myth without personal ethics transcending it. The content of our personal ethics certainly at a minimum needs to be our morals, principles, […]
How can ethics not be an essential conversation in our lives and how can we avoid practicing personal ethics? The answer to both parts is actually quite simple. We can throw words around as loose as the wind blows, but practicing personal ethics; and implementing our morals, principles, and values on a daily basis is […]
If honesty really is the best policy, it makes sense to take an honest look at your company, yourself, and your personal ethics. First, determining how ethical your company is takes time and newer employees can only hope to have some handle on this. There are the obvious clues that help like companies having good […]
Is there anything good about 2010 being a record year for EEOC complaints filed and what does this say about our progress being made in personal ethics? The EEOC received almost 100,000 workplace discrimination complaints in 2010 representing a 7.1% increase over 2009. For you statistics buffs, this is over twice our inflation rate in […]
- Definition of Ethics-Need for Personal Ethics December 20, 2011
- Business Ethics And Bribes-Alive And Well August 15, 2011
- What Are the Differences Between Compliance and Ethics? September 4, 2012
- The Value of Ethical Training in Companies September 8, 2011
- Ethics and Governing Dynamics February 8, 2017
- The State of the State Message: America’s Ethical Report Card February 24, 2014
- Organizations & Their Ethical Reporting Systems May 21, 2013
- Gluing Teams Together With Values October 30, 2017
- Words Matter; Deeds Rule October 14, 2017
- Measuring Conduct in Our Personal and Business Lives September 18, 2017
- Ways To Building Ethical Cultures August 13, 2017
- The Toughest Challenges for Ethics and Compliance Managers July 20, 2017
- Ethical Crevices In Whistle Blowing June 28, 2017
- Differentiation Via Ethical Values June 12, 2017
- admin: Thank you for reading the blog and you are spot on...
- Hosting: Based upon the reliability and support structure o...
- admin: Thank you for reading my post. Best, Mark...
- admin: Thank you for support!...
- admin: Thank you for your kind comment and support...
- lords mobile tips for beginners: Hey! This post couldn't be written any better! Re...
- lords mobile cheats code: I have read so many content regarding the blogger ...