Today America remembers the life of Martin Luther King. His principles, philosophy, and ethics should be celebrated and emulated every day. They form the backbone of a man who simply wanted to make our planet more civilized, fair, kinder, and better for all humans. Dr. King’s life reminds us of the importance of ethics and […]
It is fitting as 2016 winds down to consider why we are not identifying more heroes who possess ethics and attributes that are admirable. They are out there……unsung heroes and heroines who favorably impact human lives. Their stories need to be told so that the vast majority of us can see that the smallest acts […]
We read codes of ethics on company websites. Sometimes we see ethics mentioned in vision or mission statements. Occasionally we see ethics written in company handbooks. The outstanding question in limbo: are these imaginary steps or can cultures transform their values into meaningful reality? Let’s start with a few simple concepts that can provide a […]
There is no easy way to say it: our organizations simply are coming up way short in terms of making ethics, safety, and wellness a workplace priority. The results should not surprise any of us; worker dissatisfaction and engagement are at all-time lows in virtually every meaningful survey that is conducted. The unanswered question is […]
Ethics hotlines are imperfect but add credibility for organizations trying to build values based cultures and win over skeptics. There are always some threads of truth regarding some of these imperfections like encouraging people to avoid difficult conversations and taking easy paths by making corporate calls. Or, one of my favorites that I heard firsthand […]
I have a simple belief that is often communicated in my presentations and training exercises. Every major problem that is taking place on our planet can be directly or indirectly linked to the lack of personal ethics and values. Think about it for a moment. It’s not hard to buy into the theory is it? […]
Premise #1: In-depth ethics training and compliance is an unnecessary expense; it drains available cash and yields a below average return on investment. Premise #2: New employees can ramp up more quickly by learning on the job from older employees and supervisors. Premise #3: Training takes employees away from work time that may result in […]
Our kids teach us how to be ethical in more ways than we realize or appreciate. As ethical is broad in scope and meaning, what behaviors are they demonstrating to us that we can put to better use in our personal and business lives? Prior to discussing that, let’s cover some basics about the word ethical and […]
The Olympic Games are in full swing at Rio de Janeiro and it is an event that I have since a child always tried to watch. What other event can bring together a planet of 205 nations representing over 11,000 athletes in a competition where triumph, defeat, and sportsmanship are on full display? The International […]
On July 31, 2009 my wife and two boys, then fourteen and ten years of age, drove me to a federal prison to serve time for illegally acquiring computer networking parts from a global manufacturer during 2001-2002. There is no playbook for saying goodbye to your family and no clear road maps to guide one […]
- Definition of Ethics-Need for Personal Ethics December 20, 2011
- Business Ethics And Bribes-Alive And Well August 15, 2011
- What Are the Differences Between Compliance and Ethics? September 4, 2012
- The Value of Ethical Training in Companies September 8, 2011
- The State of the State Message: America’s Ethical Report Card February 24, 2014
- Ethics and Governing Dynamics February 8, 2017
- Organizations & Their Ethical Reporting Systems May 21, 2013
- Measuring Conduct in Our Personal and Business Lives September 18, 2017
- Ways To Building Ethical Cultures August 13, 2017
- The Toughest Challenges for Ethics and Compliance Managers July 20, 2017
- Ethical Crevices In Whistle Blowing June 28, 2017
- Differentiation Via Ethical Values June 12, 2017
- Walk Away From Corporate Shortcuts May 22, 2017
- Building Profitable and Ethical Companies April 24, 2017
- admin: Thank you for reading the blog and you are spot on...
- Hosting: Based upon the reliability and support structure o...
- admin: Thank you for reading my post. Best, Mark...
- admin: Thank you for support!...
- admin: Thank you for your kind comment and support...
- lords mobile tips for beginners: Hey! This post couldn't be written any better! Re...
- lords mobile cheats code: I have read so many content regarding the blogger ...