We read codes of ethics on company websites. Sometimes we see ethics mentioned in vision or mission statements. Occasionally we see ethics written in company handbooks. The outstanding question in limbo: are these imaginary steps or can cultures transform their values into meaningful reality? Let’s start with a few simple concepts that can provide a […]
There is no easy way to say it: our organizations simply are coming up way short in terms of making ethics, safety, and wellness a workplace priority. The results should not surprise any of us; worker dissatisfaction and engagement are at all-time lows in virtually every meaningful survey that is conducted. The unanswered question is […]
Ethics hotlines are imperfect but add credibility for organizations trying to build values based cultures and win over skeptics. There are always some threads of truth regarding some of these imperfections like encouraging people to avoid difficult conversations and taking easy paths by making corporate calls. Or, one of my favorites that I heard firsthand […]
I have a simple belief that is often communicated in my presentations and training exercises. Every major problem that is taking place on our planet can be directly or indirectly linked to the lack of personal ethics and values. Think about it for a moment. It’s not hard to buy into the theory is it? […]
Premise #1: In-depth ethics training and compliance is an unnecessary expense; it drains available cash and yields a below average return on investment. Premise #2: New employees can ramp up more quickly by learning on the job from older employees and supervisors. Premise #3: Training takes employees away from work time that may result in […]
Our kids teach us how to be ethical in more ways than we realize or appreciate. As ethical is broad in scope and meaning, what behaviors are they demonstrating to us that we can put to better use in our personal and business lives? Prior to discussing that, let’s cover some basics about the word ethical and […]
The Olympic Games are in full swing at Rio de Janeiro and it is an event that I have since a child always tried to watch. What other event can bring together a planet of 205 nations representing over 11,000 athletes in a competition where triumph, defeat, and sportsmanship are on full display? The International […]
On July 31, 2009 my wife and two boys, then fourteen and ten years of age, drove me to a federal prison to serve time for illegally acquiring computer networking parts from a global manufacturer during 2001-2002. There is no playbook for saying goodbye to your family and no clear road maps to guide one […]
Recently in my town of Minneapolis-St. Paul, a black man was shot dead in his car by a police officer with his girlfriend present and their child in the back seat. He did not have a criminal record and was pulled over for having a broken tail light on his car. As the internal investigation […]
Upon first glance of the above title, you might ask yourself why should I care and how does it affect my life? It is a fair response, and applies to any organization conducting business overseas. Moreover, it is particularly relevant to any operation that has a physical presence in a country including employees, facilities, and […]
- Definition of Ethics-Need for Personal Ethics December 20, 2011
- Business Ethics And Bribes-Alive And Well August 15, 2011
- What Are the Differences Between Compliance and Ethics? September 4, 2012
- The Value of Ethical Training in Companies September 8, 2011
- Organizations & Their Ethical Reporting Systems May 21, 2013
- The State of the State Message: America’s Ethical Report Card February 24, 2014
- Principles, Morals & Values- Business Ethics July 13, 2011
- The Toughest Challenges for Ethics and Compliance Managers July 20, 2017
- Ethical Crevices In Whistle Blowing June 28, 2017
- Differentiation Via Ethical Values June 12, 2017
- Walk Away From Corporate Shortcuts May 22, 2017
- Building Profitable and Ethical Companies April 24, 2017
- An Ethical Tsunami At Theranos March 29, 2017
- A Handbook/Playbook For Building Ethical Cultures March 27, 2017
- admin: Thank you for reading my post. Best, Mark...
- admin: Thank you for support!...
- admin: Thank you for your kind comment and support...
- lords mobile tips for beginners: Hey! This post couldn't be written any better! Re...
- lords mobile cheats code: I have read so many content regarding the blogger ...
- lords mobile adventure of a lifetime: This is very interesting, You are a very skilled b...
- discounts4kids.com: Wow, this post is nice, my sister is analyzing suc...