Collegiate athletics on a good day is a macrocosm of hypocrisy and lack of personal ethics. We’ve all heard college and university presidents say that education should come first, but in a competitive environment of trying to find student athletes, the culture has shifted to being one all about the money. Is this the type […]
I’m not here to argue whether this country is democratic or a republic, but we have every right to question our leaders about their personal ethics. While most leaders spend time convincing themselves that they want input, feedback, and assistance from their subordinates the fact is they intentionally hoard power, treat ethics as a bunch […]
An ex-professional hockey player and construction worker with a high sense of personal ethics returns to his hometown in suburban St. Paul, Minnesota after the Exxon Valdez oil spill in 1989. He lives quietly in his township with his family of nine brothers and sisters and two daughters where he worked various jobs in the […]
What does it take to change the essence of who we are as human beings? Is personal ethics the key to this question? I have said many times before that business ethics is a myth without personal ethics transcending it. The content of our personal ethics certainly at a minimum needs to be our morals, principles, […]
How can ethics not be an essential conversation in our lives and how can we avoid practicing personal ethics? The answer to both parts is actually quite simple. We can throw words around as loose as the wind blows, but practicing personal ethics; and implementing our morals, principles, and values on a daily basis is […]
Is there anything good about 2010 being a record year for EEOC complaints filed and what does this say about our progress being made in personal ethics? The EEOC received almost 100,000 workplace discrimination complaints in 2010 representing a 7.1% increase over 2009. For you statistics buffs, this is over twice our inflation rate in […]
What is a good doctrine to deploy that would put us on a new path to better personal ethics? As Christmas and a New Year draws near, I can think of a few possibilities. 1) I am one of seven billion people on this planet. I am no important than a grain of sand on […]
Personal ethics at its core definition is the process of learning what is right and wrong, then doing what is right. It is anything but black and white and requires knowledge coming from teachers, parents, educators, pastors, community leaders and a host of quality sources. I maintain that personal ethics comprising of morals, principles, and values […]
A friend of mine said recently that an Enron type scandal might be a catalyst for new training opportunities in personal ethics. Does the recent collapse of MF Global qualify for some further analysis and consideration in the training area? Jon Corzine has an impressive background. He was the former co-CEO of Goldman Sachs, United States […]
How do we acquire our personal ethics and is this something that can be taught? Where do we receive our core morals, values, and principles from that would allow us to establish a foundation for practicing good personal ethics? These are thought provoking and deep questions that are not answered easily. In my own business […]
- Definition of Ethics-Need for Personal Ethics December 20, 2011
- Business Ethics And Bribes-Alive And Well August 15, 2011
- What Are the Differences Between Compliance and Ethics? September 4, 2012
- The Value of Ethical Training in Companies September 8, 2011
- The State of the State Message: America’s Ethical Report Card February 24, 2014
- Ethics and Governing Dynamics February 8, 2017
- Organizations & Their Ethical Reporting Systems May 21, 2013
- The Essence of Now January 4, 2018
- The Ethics of a Mint December 20, 2017
- Lowering Our Expectations November 29, 2017
- Gluing Teams Together With Values October 30, 2017
- Words Matter; Deeds Rule October 14, 2017
- Measuring Conduct in Our Personal and Business Lives September 18, 2017
- Ways To Building Ethical Cultures August 13, 2017
- admin: Thank you for reading the blog and you are spot on...
- Hosting: Based upon the reliability and support structure o...
- admin: Thank you for reading my post. Best, Mark...
- admin: Thank you for support!...
- admin: Thank you for your kind comment and support...
- lords mobile tips for beginners: Hey! This post couldn't be written any better! Re...
- lords mobile cheats code: I have read so many content regarding the blogger ...