Is it ethical to have a code of ethics if you don’t enforce it? Is this good business ethics? I suppose I better answer this in the name of business ethics. This question was bounced around in a global group I am a member of. Its a crazy question to ask. There are a lot […]
A friend of mine recently said to me that companies hesitate to spend money on ethical training because they feel it is difficult to demonstrate the value and benefits. Furthermore, he suggested what the business community needs is another Enron to occur that would force company’s hands into preventing a crisis from happening. For over twenty years, […]
As we approach the ten-year anniversary of 9/11, there will be plenty of reflection on what happened and why. To the families who lost loved ones, they will rightfully remember, some will grieve, and others will find a way to smile. John DeVito remembers things a bit differently with his thoughts about life and ethics […]
A friend of mine has been a successful national sales manager in a major division for a multi-billion dollar international company. Business Ethics and leadership matters big time for him. Why the void of quality leadership in management today? As I know his demeanor and temperament, he clearly falls in the bucket classified as a quality […]
I participated in a recent global discussion on business ethics to answer a hypothetical question: Would you or your company pay a bribe to do work in another country if this were the industry norm? How would this affect your company’s ethic code? This was my take and specific response…. it is my view that […]
A suburban Rotary Club in Minneapolis invited me to speak on personal and Business Ethics. Check out these stats. 1) According to the Education Testing Service in a survey of 12,000 high school students, 74% admitted to cheating to get ahead. 2) 55% of these students didn’t see a problem with cheating as others were doing […]
When will our politicians finally act ethically and demonstrate good Business Ethics? How much contempt for the truth can they continue to exhibit and flaunt the voters of this country? Their poor behavior and lack of Business Ethics needs to stop immediately. What a horrible signal to send to us, our children included, and the […]
Yesterday was the greatest……. presented to 160 high school students at St. John’s University located about sixty miles northwest of Minneapolis. It was all about simple thoughts in Business Ethics. Minnesota Business Venture is a week-long residential summer enrichment program that brings high school students and business professionals together from across the state to spend […]
Man alive, can our Business Ethics get any worse? When is the last time you can remember either a government leader or a business leader taking full responsibility for a problem, apologizing for the problem, fully dissecting and discussing the problem, and then laying out a plan to fix it? It is literally the equivalent […]
I would like to share with you some of my lessons learned from ethical lapses in a recent speech given to over three hundred financial professionals in Minneapolis. Personal ethics and business ethics are tied together. Co-presenting with me was Hank Shea, a former Federal Prosecutor for twenty years in Minneapolis who now teaches at […]
- Definition of Ethics-Need for Personal Ethics December 20, 2011
- Business Ethics And Bribes-Alive And Well August 15, 2011
- What Are the Differences Between Compliance and Ethics? September 4, 2012
- The Value of Ethical Training in Companies September 8, 2011
- Ethics and Governing Dynamics February 8, 2017
- The State of the State Message: America’s Ethical Report Card February 24, 2014
- Organizations & Their Ethical Reporting Systems May 21, 2013
- Gluing Teams Together With Values October 30, 2017
- Words Matter; Deeds Rule October 14, 2017
- Measuring Conduct in Our Personal and Business Lives September 18, 2017
- Ways To Building Ethical Cultures August 13, 2017
- The Toughest Challenges for Ethics and Compliance Managers July 20, 2017
- Ethical Crevices In Whistle Blowing June 28, 2017
- Differentiation Via Ethical Values June 12, 2017
- admin: Thank you for reading the blog and you are spot on...
- Hosting: Based upon the reliability and support structure o...
- admin: Thank you for reading my post. Best, Mark...
- admin: Thank you for support!...
- admin: Thank you for your kind comment and support...
- lords mobile tips for beginners: Hey! This post couldn't be written any better! Re...
- lords mobile cheats code: I have read so many content regarding the blogger ...