I have a simple belief that is often communicated in my presentations and training exercises. Every major problem that is taking place on our planet can be directly or indirectly linked to the lack of personal ethics and values. Think about it for a moment. It’s not hard to buy into the theory is it? […]
Premise #1: In-depth ethics training and compliance is an unnecessary expense; it drains available cash and yields a below average return on investment. Premise #2: New employees can ramp up more quickly by learning on the job from older employees and supervisors. Premise #3: Training takes employees away from work time that may result in […]
Our kids teach us how to be ethical in more ways than we realize or appreciate. As ethical is broad in scope and meaning, what behaviors are they demonstrating to us that we can put to better use in our personal and business lives? Prior to discussing that, let’s cover some basics about the word ethical and […]
The Olympic Games are in full swing at Rio de Janeiro and it is an event that I have since a child always tried to watch. What other event can bring together a planet of 205 nations representing over 11,000 athletes in a competition where triumph, defeat, and sportsmanship are on full display? The International […]
On July 31, 2009 my wife and two boys, then fourteen and ten years of age, drove me to a federal prison to serve time for illegally acquiring computer networking parts from a global manufacturer during 2001-2002. There is no playbook for saying goodbye to your family and no clear road maps to guide one […]
Recently in my town of Minneapolis-St. Paul, a black man was shot dead in his car by a police officer with his girlfriend present and their child in the back seat. He did not have a criminal record and was pulled over for having a broken tail light on his car. As the internal investigation […]
Upon first glance of the above title, you might ask yourself why should I care and how does it affect my life? It is a fair response, and applies to any organization conducting business overseas. Moreover, it is particularly relevant to any operation that has a physical presence in a country including employees, facilities, and […]
Just when public opinion of our elected officials can’t get any lower, another bombshell came to life courtesy of a federal jury convicting U.S. Congressman Chaka Fattah representing Philadelphia. Some background on Fattah is appropriate here. First elected to Congress in 1994, he served consecutive terms unchallenged prior to losing the Democratic primary in April […]
Most of us have heard the expression “The buck stops here” that was coined by former United States President Harry Truman in the 1940’s. This phrase has been interpreted to mean that the President has to make tough decisions and accept the ultimate responsibility for those decisions. It has carried over into our personal and […]
Happy Mother’s day to all of you remarkable women!! This morning I was fortunate enough to take my mom to church services and spend a delightfully long breakfast with her covering a wide range of subjects including ethics. Our visit ended when she noticed a waiting line expanding at the host’s stand. In her typical selfless […]
- Definition of Ethics-Need for Personal Ethics December 20, 2011
- Business Ethics And Bribes-Alive And Well August 15, 2011
- What Are the Differences Between Compliance and Ethics? September 4, 2012
- The Value of Ethical Training in Companies September 8, 2011
- The State of the State Message: America’s Ethical Report Card February 24, 2014
- Ethics and Governing Dynamics February 8, 2017
- Organizations & Their Ethical Reporting Systems May 21, 2013
- The Essence of Now January 4, 2018
- The Ethics of a Mint December 20, 2017
- Lowering Our Expectations November 29, 2017
- Gluing Teams Together With Values October 30, 2017
- Words Matter; Deeds Rule October 14, 2017
- Measuring Conduct in Our Personal and Business Lives September 18, 2017
- Ways To Building Ethical Cultures August 13, 2017
- admin: Thank you for reading the blog and you are spot on...
- Hosting: Based upon the reliability and support structure o...
- admin: Thank you for reading my post. Best, Mark...
- admin: Thank you for support!...
- admin: Thank you for your kind comment and support...
- lords mobile tips for beginners: Hey! This post couldn't be written any better! Re...
- lords mobile cheats code: I have read so many content regarding the blogger ...