What can we apply training wise from our military that would help businesses practice better business ethics? The first thing we can do is actually take the time to train our employees and emphasize the importance of personal ethics and doing the right thing. Business ethics can’t exist without the formation and practice of personal […]
Poor managers cost companies a lot of money and are the main source of bad business ethics. They are scary because they are blind to their own weaknesses, and feel empowered for the wrong reasons. In an age and time when the economy is skating sideways, poor managers prevent productivity gains and drive away talent. […]
We fib a little and then we lie. Its no big deal because there wasn’t any harm done. We wonder why we don’t have better environments for business ethics. When I’m invited in by a company or organization, I promise it won’t take me long to find unaccountable and irresponsible people. They are easy to spot and generally […]
The same old game in business ethics continues on without interruption as bosses are blind to their own employees. What is their problem? In a large word, they are the problem and the prevailing training is missing the mark. Despite trying to create values based cultures………. the business ethics practiced are dictated by command-and-control and […]
Is it ethical to have a code of ethics if you don’t enforce it? Is this good business ethics? I suppose I better answer this in the name of business ethics. This question was bounced around in a global group I am a member of. Its a crazy question to ask. There are a lot […]
As we approach the ten-year anniversary of 9/11, there will be plenty of reflection on what happened and why. To the families who lost loved ones, they will rightfully remember, some will grieve, and others will find a way to smile. John DeVito remembers things a bit differently with his thoughts about life and ethics […]
A friend of mine has been a successful national sales manager in a major division for a multi-billion dollar international company. Business Ethics and leadership matters big time for him. Why the void of quality leadership in management today? As I know his demeanor and temperament, he clearly falls in the bucket classified as a quality […]
I participated in a recent global discussion on business ethics to answer a hypothetical question: Would you or your company pay a bribe to do work in another country if this were the industry norm? How would this affect your company’s ethic code? This was my take and specific response…. it is my view that […]
A suburban Rotary Club in Minneapolis invited me to speak on personal and Business Ethics. Check out these stats. 1) According to the Education Testing Service in a survey of 12,000 high school students, 74% admitted to cheating to get ahead. 2) 55% of these students didn’t see a problem with cheating as others were doing […]
When will our politicians finally act ethically and demonstrate good Business Ethics? How much contempt for the truth can they continue to exhibit and flaunt the voters of this country? Their poor behavior and lack of Business Ethics needs to stop immediately. What a horrible signal to send to us, our children included, and the […]
- Definition of Ethics-Need for Personal Ethics December 20, 2011
- Business Ethics And Bribes-Alive And Well August 15, 2011
- What Are the Differences Between Compliance and Ethics? September 4, 2012
- The Value of Ethical Training in Companies September 8, 2011
- The State of the State Message: America’s Ethical Report Card February 24, 2014
- Ethics and Governing Dynamics February 8, 2017
- Organizations & Their Ethical Reporting Systems May 21, 2013
- Measuring Conduct in Our Personal and Business Lives September 18, 2017
- Ways To Building Ethical Cultures August 13, 2017
- The Toughest Challenges for Ethics and Compliance Managers July 20, 2017
- Ethical Crevices In Whistle Blowing June 28, 2017
- Differentiation Via Ethical Values June 12, 2017
- Walk Away From Corporate Shortcuts May 22, 2017
- Building Profitable and Ethical Companies April 24, 2017
- admin: Thank you for reading the blog and you are spot on...
- Hosting: Based upon the reliability and support structure o...
- admin: Thank you for reading my post. Best, Mark...
- admin: Thank you for support!...
- admin: Thank you for your kind comment and support...
- lords mobile tips for beginners: Hey! This post couldn't be written any better! Re...
- lords mobile cheats code: I have read so many content regarding the blogger ...